We offer this package for those who would like a formal service, yet without a wake or the body present. The service is held in the memory of the deceased with all the traditional aspects of a service to support a family at the time of a death.
This Memorial Service Package Includes:
1. Basic services of funeral director, staff, and overhead.
2. Local transfer from place of death...24 / 7 availability
3. Attendance of licensed personnel to arrange all aspects of the cremation process.
4. Sanitary care and shelter of remains.
5. Positive identification of deceased prior to cremation.
6. Completing death certificate and securing necessary permits.
7. Placing obituary notices in newspapers.
8. Arranging and directing the memorial service at your church or separate facility.
9. If it is necessary for someone to view the deceased for identification purposes you may do it here in the privacy of Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home.
10. Consulting with clergy.
11. Arranging details at crematory. 100% assurance of the correct cremated remains being returned.
12. Transportation to crematory and return trip by a representative of Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home to personally pick-up the cremated remains (ashes).
13. Arranging for the final disposition, but the ashes can be placed in a mausoleum niche, scattered, or held by you for some later disposition.
14. Prayer cards, register book, acknowledgement cards, and aftercare program.
Additional expenses you should expect include:
- At least a minimum-type casket for cremation.
- Fee for the state required Medical Examiner's certification for cremation.
- Crematory charges.
- Newspaper obituary charges.
- Clergy honorarium.
- Cemetery fees to bury cremated remains.
While many choose to place the cremated remains in an urn of their choice for burial, most cemeteries will accept the container that the crematory provides. The purchase of an urn is a choice you make. We have many urns on display for your inspection as well as hundreds available through catalogues.