This package has been designed to meet the requests of families that do not want or need all the components of a full service traditional funeral. You may be one who doesn't need to have an open casket viewing. You may not want calling hours or a wake.
This package does not offer or include viewing the deceased (no embalming). Funeral services are held at your church. Family and friends will assemble at the church at the time of the funeral.
Our Contemporary Funeral Package intends to make the ceremonies surrounding a death less drawn out, yet dignified, while still accommodating the religious preferences of the deceased prior to burial or cremation.
This Contemporary Funeral Package Includes:
- Basic services of funeral director, staff, and overhead.
- Local transfer from place of death...24 / 7 availability
- Sanitary care and shelter of remains.
- If it is necessary for someone to view the deceased for identification purposes you may do it here in the privacy of Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home.
- Completing and filing death certificate and securing necessary permits.
- Placing obituary notices in newspapers.
- The hearse, a flower car, a car for clergy.
- Consulting with clergy and arranging and directing the funeral service at your church or synagogue.
- As practical as possible, a procession will be formed to proceed together to the cemetery for a Graveside Committal Service.
- Arranging for final disposition at the cemetery or crematory.
- Prayer cards, register book, acknowledgment cards and aftercare program.
Additional expenses you should expect include:
- We have over twenty caskets for you to choose from on display in our casket selection room.
- Most cemeteries require you to purchase a burial vault that the casket is buried in.
- Newspaper obituary charges.
- Fees to open and close the grave.
- Cemetery and crematory charges.